5 alternatives to Microsoft Power Automate
- Jotform Tables
- UiPath Robots
- Automation Anywhere
If you’re trying to go paperless and streamline repetitive tasks, you’ve probably heard about Microsoft Power Automate — or maybe you already use it. It’s a low-code platform that enables you to build automated processes across multiple applications. But you might not know there are several Power Automate alternatives that you may find more suitable for your business.
Keep reading to get a rundown of your top options.
1. Jotform Tables
Jotform Tables is a powerful, all-in-one database tool you can use to collect, track, organize, manage, and share data. You can change views and add filters to display the data you’re most interested in, and then you can share it with your colleagues to fuel analysis and discussions. Tables complements Jotform’s powerful form builder, which you can use to create surveys, order forms, assessments, and more.
- Controlled collaboration and sharing
- Formulas and calculations
- Advanced search and filtering
- Automated data collection from forms
Pricing plans (Tables is included in all Jotform’s standard plans):
- Starter is free, with limits of five forms and 100 monthly submissions.
- Bronze is $39 per month, with limits of 25 forms and 1,000 monthly submissions.
- Silver is $49 per month, with limits of 100 forms and 10,000 monthly submissions.
- Gold is $129 per month, with unlimited forms and 100,000 monthly submissions.
Jotform also offers an Enterprise plan.
“Jotform Tables is a clean way to collect and organize form responses, but what’s more valuable to me is that the tables are linked directly to the form itself! I love that I can make adjustments in [a form] that will carry over to the table,” says Nicol C., a contract administrator at a small business, in a G2 review.
Zapier is an automation tool that helps you avoid time-consuming tasks such as collecting information or checking status across multiple tools. You can create automated workflows called Zaps that perform up to 100 actions based on if/then logic and conditions you set.
- Multi-step automation
- Conditional if/then logic
- Data formatting for smooth inter-app data transfers
- Free comes with 100 tasks per month; users are limited to five Zaps (one step per Zap) and no premium app integrations.
- Starter is $19.99 per month. The plan offers up to 20 Zaps and integration with three premium apps.
- Professional is $49 per month. It offers unlimited Zaps and premium app integration, plus custom logic.
- Team is $399 per month and offers all the Professional features for an unlimited number of users.
- Company is $799 per month and offers all the Team features, plus advanced admin permissions and single sign-on, for unlimited users.
“Zapier is a great option among Power Automate alternatives,” says Kev Tilley, financial expert and managing director at Mortgageable UK. “Like Power Automate, Zapier has a wide range of built-in integrations that make it easy to connect to popular apps and services. In addition, Zapier offers support for custom connectors.”
Nintex is a process intelligence and workflow automation tool that helps you manage, automate, and optimize processes without having to code.
- Workflow automation
- Document generation automation
- Digital forms
- Process mapping and analytics
The pricing starts at $25.000 per year. A customized enterprise option is also available.
“Nintex generates papers, forms, and maps, among other elements that allow for seamless communication and workflow between departments and teams by synchronizing and conducting activities in cooperation on a single platform,” Tilley explains.
4. UiPath Robots
UiPath Robots is a tool within the UiPath umbrella of products that employs software bots to automate tedious tasks. You can build the bots to interact with screens, systems, and data.
- Software bot building and management
- Multiple bot types
- Prebuilt AI models
- Native integrations
UIPath offers a free 60-day trial of its Automation Cloud. Pricing starts at $420 per month. Contact the company to have a custom plan designed for enterprise levels.
“UiPath software enables you to create user-friendly bots that can handle mundane office processes — regardless of complexity — without much human intervention,” says Tilley. “Both private and public sector entities can use the platform to streamline job duties.”
5. Automation Anywhere
Automation Anywhere is an automation solution that enables you to implement robotic process automation (RPA) technology into your business processes.
- Low-code, no-code, and bring-your-own-code automation
- Prebuilt commands
- Built-in data governance framework
- Multi-layered security
Pricing for Automation Anywhere is by request; you must contact its sales team.
“As Power Automate alternatives go, Automation Anywhere is a strong competitor,” says Travis Lindemoen, managing director of Nexus IT Group. “Granted, the latter is more expensive, but in my opinion, it offers more features and flexibility — Automation Anywhere is the better option for automating anything outside of Microsoft systems.”
Any of the above Power Automate alternatives can help you automate processes, including collecting and organizing information efficiently. Explore each one to see what works best for your company.