If you’re doing research to help you decide between Jotform vs Formsite, you already know how important forms, surveys, and questionnaires are to a business. Hands down, tools like these are the best way to engage your customers and prospects as well as connect with your employees and other stakeholders.
Jotform and Formsite are among the leading online form builders, but there are important differences between them. This article breaks down the features of both offerings so you can determine which one may work better for you. We also take a look at pricing so you can get a better understanding of the value you’ll get out of each tool.
Jotform vs Formsite: Key features
Formsite is an online form builder that helps you create digital forms, surveys, questionnaires, workflows, and more. Organizations in a wide range of industries use it, such as healthcare, human resources, travel, nonprofit, government, education, and more.
Formsite key features
Formsite has a number of helpful features that make it a good choice for organizations looking for an intuitive form-building solution.
- Drag-and-drop form builder: Even if your organization doesn’t have access to a team of coders, you can still create forms with Formsite. The form builder has drag-and-drop functionality, so you can easily build the form you need by simply adding and arranging form elements. The form builder toolbox includes 50 different elements to choose from.
- Form templates: Formsite comes with dozens of form templates that can save you time when you’re creating a new form. You can use the templates as-is or adjust them based on your organizational requirements.
- Custom logos and branding: You can upload your business logo to Formsite to use on your forms, as well as match the colors of the form to your brand. This provides a seamless experience for your users when they’re moving between your website and a Formsite form.
- Secure data collection: When you need to collect sensitive information, Formsite has a number of security features that help protect your data. It uses data encryption and offers secure connections (SSL/HTTPS) on all forms.
- Online payments: Formsite integrates with a number of payment processors, including PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, and more, allowing you to accept payments via order forms. If you sell anything online — products, services, event tickets, and more — this feature is a necessity.
- Easy integrations: Formsite integrates with a number of business solutions, such as Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox, so you can seamlessly connect the data you collect with your other operational tools.
- Visual results: Formsite can create graphs and charts from your gathered data to help you spot patterns, trends, and anomalies. You can also easily export the data to process it in another program.
Formsite offers a 14-day free trial of the Pro version, so you can check out the solution and see if you like it before you make a financial commitment. It has a limited free plan and five paid plans starting at $21 per month. Certain features, such as payment integrations and API access, are only available in Pro plans. The Enterprise plan includes additional benefits, such as a data retention policy and HIPAA compliance features.
Jotform is a form-building software that organizations can use to create online forms, surveys, polls, questionnaires, quizzes, and more. Organizations in a wide range of industries use it, from healthcare and law to public service and marketing. And Jotform can support any size organization, from mom-and-pop shops to enterprises.
Jotform key features
Jotform is a form builder that offers many similar features to Formiste, though it also delivers several key enhancements. Here’s what you get with Jotform:
- Drag-and-drop form builder: Thanks to its drag-and-drop functionality, Jotform is just as easy to use as Formsite. You can create the forms, surveys, and other data-gathering tools you want from scratch or with a template, add in your custom branding, alter the structure of any form, and so much more.
- Form templates: Jotform also offers 10,000-plus form templates. You never have to create a form from scratch if you don’t want to — just search the template library for the type of form you need and edit your selected template to suit your requirements. There are templates for specific industries like real estate and law as well as general-use templates like contact forms and employee information forms.
- Easy embed and share options: You can easily embed any Jotform form into your website in just a few steps. Other ways to share the forms include through links, email, and QR codes.
- Enterprise-level security and compliance: Jotform has numerous layers of security to keep your data safe, including 256-bit SSL encryption, Google reCAPTCHA, password protection, and more. Plus, Jotform forms meet security standards for GDPR, PCI-DSS Level 1, and more.
- Online payments: Jotform also has payment functionality and integrates with dozens of payment processors, including PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Authorize.net, Square, Venmo, Stripe, and many more.
- Seamless integrations: Jotform integrates with over 100 other popular applications — including monday.com, Asana, Google Drive, Slack, Salesforce, and more — so you can easily use your collected data to make important business decisions.
- Approval workflows: Jotform enables you to create automated workflows with your forms. For example, a workflow for employees requesting time off might send submitted forms directly to the employee’s manager upon submission, The manager can then easily accept or reject the request.
- Visual reports: Jotform Report Builder can turn form responses into stunning reports to help you better understand your data.
Jotform also has a number of additional features that organizations love, including
- Spreadsheet-powered database: When you use Jotform to build a form, you also gain access to Jotform Tables, which helps you view, manage, and organize all your collected data. You can manage form responses, import other data, enter data manually, customize access settings, collaborate with your team, and more.
- Kiosk mode: If your organization conducts surveys in the field or at events, such as on a company tablet, this is a must-have feature. It enables you to lock the screen so users can only see the form or survey. Once someone submits a response, the form automatically refreshes for the next person.
- Offline surveys: Jotform enables offline surveys so your stakeholders can still fill out a form even when their device isn’t connected to the internet. The results are recorded and submitted once the device reconnects.
- Electronic signatures: Jotform Sign offers electronic signatures for contracts, service agreements, and more. Users get a notification when it’s their turn to sign. It also sends out reminders to move the process along.
Jotform has a free plan that comes with a full range of features. It also has four tiers of paid plans starting at $34 per month. The Enterprise plan has a custom price based on your specific needs. All Jotform plans come with all features, but each plan has different limits on the number of forms and submissions and the amount of storage. HIPAA compliance features are only accessible with the Gold and Enterprise plans.
Jotform vs Formsite: The right choice for your needs
Now that you have a deeper understanding of what Jotform and Formsite offer in terms of features and pricing, you can make an informed decision about which solution to choose.
For those looking for a basic form builder with limited functionality, Formsite can do the job. It’s easy to use, includes templates for the most commonly used types of forms, and integrates with a number of payment processors.
However, if your organization requires anything more than a data-collection tool, Jotform is the better choice because it enables you to do more with the data you collect. It comes with thousands of form templates for nearly every use case, hundreds of integration options, and several other tools that support secure e-signatures, automated workflows, visual reports, complex databases, and more.
Get started with Jotform for free to see what it can do for you.